To summarize the last two nights: sleepy, sleepy, sleepy, hum, okay, sleepy, WOW. Tonight we learn what voters thought about the performances of American Idol Season 9‘s Top 16 the last two nights. We cover Christian music artists competing on American Idol Season 9 and here are our thoughts of the last two nights:
- Christian music artist Michael Lynche delivered my favorite performance since Jordan Sparks slayed “I(Who have Nothing)” in Season 6. This was a game changing performance of Maxwell’s (and Kate Bush) “This Woman’s Work”. Michael displayed mad falsetto, crazy power and an intimidating stage presence. He has set a bar that I am not sure even he can surpass.
- The four remaining Christian music artists Michael Lynch, Tim Urban, Didi Benami and Lacey Brown American Idol Season 9 delivered their best performances of the year and probably secured their place in the Top 12.
- After we projected Katelyn Epperly as the winner of American Idol Season 9 she proceeded to stumble through a cheesey performance of Carol King’s “I Feel The Earth Move”.
- Crystal Bowersox continued to demonstrate her superiority of the American Idol Season 9 girls with a rocking throwdown of Traci Chapman’s “Give Me One Reason”.
- Tonight we expect Paige Miles, Katie Stevens, Aaron Kelly and Toddrick Hall to go home.
Join us now as we live blog through the results and the top12 are revealed.
Ryan is bantering with the judges about comments made on last night’s show involving Randy in a bikini and thank you American Idol, we are now seeing a photo of same. The 16 contestants will perform Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet”. All seem at ease, but time is drawing nigh.
Ryan announces the breaking news that the first theme of the big stage will be the music of the Rolling Stones. New this year will be the audiences’ capability to go to Itunes to download the songs/playlist the contestants will listen to as they decide what to sing.
He starts with the ladies. Didi Benami is invited to centerstage with Ryan. He speaks to her about her struggles at the beginning of the show, then announces that she has made it into the top 12. She is ecstatic. Siobhan Magnus is next. She tells everyone that she is very comfortable on the stage. She is in. Paige Miles and Katelyn Epperly come to the stage together. One is in and one is out. Who will it be? Simon feels the one with the most potential is Paige. Paige has made it. Uh oh, Katelyn is out. There goes our prediction.
Next set will be chosen from the guys. Tim Urban, Toddrick Hall, Lee Dewyze and Casey James are invited to centerstage. Ryan begins with Tim Urban. Tim is told to hang tight. Toddrick is hanging tight too. Lee is talked about for a moment and then on to Casey. Casey is safe and joins the ladies. Tim Urban is safe. He acts shocked. Lee will continue on the show and Toddrick will go home tonight.
Matt Geraud and Scott McIntyre will perform Billy Joel’s “Tell Her about It”. Two piano men. Matt and Scott are sporting leather tonight as they play their baby grands. I wonder if they performed this on their tour? They can really play. Scott has an album out called Heartstring and it is available on Itunes through his website. All original music. Matt has a number one single with Anna Wilson called “You Don’t Know Me” on the jazz charts.
Okay here we go. Eight are left. Crystal Bowersox is invited to stand. She looks so nervous. After the nationwide vote, she is in. Not smiling much, but she’s in. Michael Lynche goes to centerstage. Kara talks about why she cried when he sang last night. Ryan asks him if he can fit on a stool. Michael has made it. Lacey Brown stands. C’mon Lacey. She makes it through. Wow. Aaron Kelly comes to the stage. He feels he can bring more confidence if he makes it through. And he does. Two more stools to fill. Ryan calls Alex Lambert and Andrew Garcia. Simon feels Andrew may have peaked too soon, but is talented. Andrew makes it through and Alex is trying not to be too emotional. It is so difficult to see these young singers go through the disappointment. After his song, all the guys crowd around him. Katie Stevens and Lilly Scott are the last two. The final seat in the top 12 belongs to Katie Stevens. Lilly is going home. That was a surprise. I think she was surprised too.
Definitely some surprises tonight. But congratulations to our 4 Christian artists as they go on to perform with American Idol’s top 12. Join us next week as we continue to cover the music and performances.